- Problem with left single quotes and other entities
- Raised by
- John Rankin
- Date opened
- Monday, 16 May 2005
- In the search results pdf (for example), the ‘haystack’ and ‘needle’ opening left single quotes come out as a lower case j. Other entities are also causing problems; for example the ™ symbol.
- Reopened — problem recurred when the service moved to Onesquared. Have to recompile the tbrplent program.
- Proposed solution
- It is likely that the
‘ entity is undefined. We could change the single quotes to double quotes in the interim. We need to test all HTML entities systematically.
- The ‘left quote’, the ™ and the · marks, among others, now work correctly. This was achieved by changing their definitions in tbents.txt, and making tbrplent use our new version of tbents.txt.
Problem with entities on Onesquared solved by setting the TBLIBDIR environment variable in mkpdf’s Generate.pm to point to the current directory.
- Date closed
- Wednesday, 5 October 2005
« 00016 · Edit Form · 00018 »