- Link to footnote chokes on URLs with parentheses encoded
- Raised by
- Date opened
- Sunday, 22 October 2006
- I tracked down that PDF Latex? was choking on conversion of a wiki-link to the URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_%28mathematics%29
The %28 and %29 are encodings for left and right parentheses. Trying to replace these with ( and ) also failed.
I was able to side-step the problem by using a Tiny URL? encoding of the URL, but that’s short of a true solution.
- Proposed solution
- LATEX is interpreting the % as a comment — we have to encode the % as \% to fool it. The fix is under test.
- Fixed in server release 0.9.4b.
- Date closed
- Thursday, 30 November 2006
« 00095 · Edit Form · 00097 »