- Install server on Windows Vista
- Raised by
- Date opened
- Tuesday, 10 June 2008
while trying to create a PDF I got the following message:
returned: 0 Unapproved
I guess it’s because I work on a local PC directory. So I looked how to install the server locally, but I’m not sure, that this is possible in a Windows Vista environment.
1. Is it possible to install the server locally on Vista?
2. Is there a how-to description for non technical users?
Thanks in advance
- Proposed solution
- So far, people have installed the server on various flavours of Linux and on OS X. It is theoretically possible for a technically skilled user to install all the required enabling software pieces on Vista; for a list of pre-requisites, see Install the Server. For a non-technical user, the easiest solution is to use a Mac and follow the instructions on Install the Server-OS X.
- If anyone has succeeded in installing everything on Vista and getting it to work, they have not yet documented it on Install the Server-Vista?.
- Date closed
« 00125 · Edit Form · 00127 »