- Inline equations/math expressions out of alignment with text
- Raised by
- Date opened
- Tuesday, 16 December 2008
- when typing a math expression inline, the expression appears to be tyset visibly higher than the surrounding wiki text. Is there a known way to align the math expressions with the text?
(a few hours later) Ok - now that I got the page2pdf debugged on my server, I ran it and noticed that it is not vertically misalligned in the pdf. In fact, the pdf output is very sharp! The misalignment is only on my screen. I am using Firefox 3.0. A fix would be nice, but the problem is not critical.
- Proposed solution
- Does the last equation in the list on Latex Equations exhibit the same behaviour? The 2 in the “a over 2” is aligned to the baseline in my browser. Like this: should be on (or just below) the baseline.
See also: the ordered pair is blah blah blah … The display is now better — the fix is to change the alignment of the image to use the style vertical-align: text-bottom.
- Firefox inserts the height of a descender below an inline image. Changed the vertical-align setting for inline equations in Publish PDF version 2.2.8 — see Thursday, 1 January 2009.
- Date closed
- Thursday, 1 January 2009
« 00130 · Edit Form · 00132 »