Support the Project
About the Project
How to Produce a Book
Tip of the Week
Install the Server
Initial Setup Tasks
Hide minor edits
Show changes to output
26 November 2010 at 12:13 PM
- PublishPDF 2.2.32 and Wikibook 1.1.beta-11 released
Added lines 1-16:
!!!Publish PDF 2.2.32 and Wikibook server 1.1.beta-11 released
This is a minor maintenance release and is the last in the Wikibook 1.1 beta series. The outstanding indexing issues appear to be associated with xindy itself, rather than Wikipublisher -- the [[xindy project -> http://xindy.sourceforge.net/]] remains a work in progress. Best practice seems to be: keep indexing simple, do it the way the xindy designers intended, as documented in ''The Latex Companion'', and it will (probably) produce a great result. In other words, if we try to fight xindy, it will hurt and xindy will win. As part of the transition out of beta, we need to document what works and what doesn't.
The Publish `PDF library adds the following:
* better handling of category page titles -- only use the category title for the index "parent" if the title and name are different
* better handling of paragraph continuation markup ([@:+@]) in quotations, dedications and publisher blurb "about" text
* suppress display of an empty [@(:blurb:)@] directive on a book trail page (i.e., use the default blurb page and heading text)
* add copyright and date descriptions to Site.WikipublisherOptions for use in [@(:typeset-book:)@] display
The Wikibook `PDF server adds the following:
* check width of quote attribution and wrap text if it's "too wide"
* adjust right margin of poem attribution to match quote margin
* better handling of paragraph continuation output in dedication and about text
Thanks to Crisses for pushing the limits of xindy's capabilities and for identifying the above improvements.
Page last modified on 26 November 2010 at 12:13 PM